Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Carmel By-The-Sea

I'm currently reading East of Eden, an epic novel by John Steinbeck. The majoirty of the novel takes place in Northern California's Salinas Valley. This weekend we took a road trip up Highway 1 to San Louis Obispo through Big Sir into Carmel a beautiful drive a bit foggy but a wonderful place to set eyes on for the first time. Stayed in a nice bed-n-breakfast visited the famous pebble beach golf course, went to see Nacho Libre. Anyways on the way back we got a chance to see the historical town of Salinas. It is a quaint agricultural town surround by two beautiful mountain ranges. Fun to imagine Steinbecks characters on the still preserved beautiful country side.
wabash

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carmel and Big Sur and Monterey are beautiful. First time I thought the water looked clean in months - LA has gross beaches. Sorry to say, even sorrier if I offend, but LA beaches are yucky. I don't know if I should be responding to Bill's blogs.